Marine Ecologist - JCU
Research Locations: Coral Triangle Region
Dr. Simpfendorfer specializes in applied research to improve the management and conservation of shark and ray populations. He has published extensively on shark biology, ecology, fisheries and conservation in a number of prestigious scientific journals. He has helped build a research group focused on improving understanding of sharks and how best to conserve and manage their populations.
- Status and sustainable use of elasmobranch populations.
- Science for the conservation of elasmobranch populations.
- Nursery areas for sharks.
- Analytical tools for acoustic monitoring studies.
- Senior Scientist and Program Manager, Mote Marine Laboratory
- Senior Research Scientist Western, Australian Fisheries Department
- Ph.D. Fisheries Biology, James Cook University
- B.S. Zoology and Marine Biology, James Cook University